Mission Statement: Northwest Nazarene University’s American Marketing Association Collegiate Chapter exists to provide students the opportunity to cultivate and apply marketing principles, thereby facilitating their professional development to reach their utmost potential.
NNU's AMA chapter is active throughout campus and the community, hosting several student events and engaging in community service. These activities include:
- Fall Ball: An evening of fun games like dodgeball and volleyball that provides an opportunity for the faculty/staff of the Business Department to better know their students outside of the classroom. It gets pretty competitive!
- Rake-Up Nampa: A day filled with raking leaves for those in the community who need a little extra help!
- Valentine grams: A fundraiser that involves selling Valentine’s Day candy grams on campus for students and faculty.
- Junior Achievement: A partnership with Junior Achievement in which students are able to receive experience working with and teaching elementary school children business-focused topics.
- Voter Registration Day: A day dedicated to raising awareness for National Voter Registration Day, educate the community on the importance of voting, and help individuals sign-up for registration.
- Toy Drive: A partnership with the STAND club to create a toy drive dedicated to donating toys to the families of people in the South Boise Idaho Correctional Facility.
NNU's collegiate chapter attends the annual International AMA Collegiate Conference in New Orleans. At the conference, chapters are judged on their planning and performance for the year. Chapter members have the opportunity to listen to guest speakers from large corporations and network with other AMA members around the country. NNU's chapter has earned multiple awards at these conferences. Recent accomplishments include:
- Top 5 small chapters
- Commendable recognition for the Wall Street Journal case competition
- 2nd place for #GiveTuesday for small chapters
- Honorable mention in the Marketplace Simulation competition
- An invitation to present on Social Impact at the conference
Like NNU American Marketing Association on Facebook and Instagram!
To learn more, visit the official AMA site: http://www.ama.org/Pages/default.aspx
Join us for a meeting! Tuesday's at 11:00 AM in room 205 (in Helstrom).