Associate of Arts Degree Requirements
Northwest Nazarene University offers the Associate of Arts degree. AA majors are offered in three fields of study. To qualify for an associate of arts degree at NNU, the student must satisfy the six (6) requirements described below. Faculty and staff members at the university advise students concerning progress toward degree completion. However, the student is responsible for meeting all completion requirements.
In order for a student to graduate under the requirements of the Catalog in use at the time he/she matriculated, the student most complete an associate degree within 4 years. Otherwise the student must use the most recent catalog.
- Total credits: A minimum of 63 semester credits
- Quality of grades: Grades must average C (2.000) or better in the 63 semester credits which meet the AA degree requirements. A grade of C- (1.700) or better must be earned in all courses which apply toward the concentration. Some majors have higher GPA requirements. See individual program descriptions for details.
- Residence: A minimum of 50% of the total credits (32) must be taken at NNU in order to receive an AA degree from NNU.
- General Education Requirements: The student must complete the General Education requirements for the AA degree program.
- Concentration: In addition to the general education requirements in the AA, a concentration of at least 15 credits is required.
- Application for Graduation: Candidates for a degree must submit an application and have the application approved by the administrator fo the program. The application should be placed on file with the registrar the beginning of the semester prior to the semester in which the student plans to graduate.